Our DRV8825 Drivers are Pololu compatible and come with the header pins already soldered and a heat sink ready to attach.
The DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The module has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of Pololu's A4988 stepper motor driver carriers, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications. The DRV8825 features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 – 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
Drivers come with header pins soldered in and heatsinks fitted (not as shown in photo)
1. Simple step and direction control interface
2. Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
3. Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
4. Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
5. Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
6. 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
7. Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
8. Module size, pinout, and interface match Pololu's A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects
9. Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
10. Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
11. 45 V maximum supply voltage
12. Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)