1. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
You may choose to give MAKERshop your personal information. If you do, we collect and store your information in the following ways:
We may use this information for the following purposes;
• To deliver products to you
• To process your requests and orders
• To respond to compliments and complaints
• To improve our website
• To notify competition winners or fulfil promotional obligations
• To inform you of, and provide you with, new and existing products and services offered by MAKERshop.
Any information we collect will not be used in ways that you have not consented to.
If you send us an email, we will store your email address and the contents of the email. This information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. We may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to our website, new and special offers we think you will find valuable. If at any stage you no longer wish to receive these notifications you may opt out by sending us an email.
MAKERshop monitors this website in order to identify user trends and so we can improve the site if necessary. Any of this information, such as the type of site browser your computer has, will be used only in aggregate form and your individual details will not be identified.
2. How do we protect your personal information and who has access to that information?
As required by the Privacy Act 1993, MAKERshop follows strict procedures when storing and using the information you have provided.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may however provide your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances, including:
• If you consent
• To service providers, which we provide with aggregate statistics about our customers and website trends (however,
these statistics do not have any personal information which would identify you)
• To a third party if required to by a court of law or the New Zealand Police
• If we suspect fraud we may supply your information to our bankers, the relevant credit card issuer or issuers or to the
New Zealand Police
• If you shop online, to our third party payment processor.
3. What should you do if you want to change your details or if you don't want to receive emails from us anymore?
At any stage you have the right to access the personal information we hold, and, if that information is incorrect, you have the right to amend or update your information. Please contact us through the contact form on the makershop.co.nz website or using any of the other contact details provided on the makershop.co.nz website to do this. We may request proof of identity before we disclose any information to you.
If you do not want to receive any communications from us you may opt out by contacting us via the contact form on the makershop.co.nz website or using any of the other contact details provided on the makershop.co.nz website. Please be specific about the email address you wish to be blocked from further communications.
We welcome any questions or comments you may have. Please feel free to contact us through the contact form on the makershop.co.nz website or using any of the other contact details provided on the makershop.co.nz website.
A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. Your web browser can store cookies in a text file on your computer. The message is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server.
The cookies that we set are all identifiable as being set by makershop.co.nz.
We also incorporate Google Analytics into our web pages and this service also sets cookies on your computer. The Google Analytics cookies do not identify you in any way.
7. Credit Card Security
Shoppers who wish to use a credit card to make a purchase are transferred to the PayPal web site which is a secure credit card payment service provided by PayPal. Our site neither collects nor stores your credit card details.
Please also refer to makershop.co.nz Terms & Conditions for more information.